Check out my Instagram Feed

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Discovering Montavilla

Just doing a little work for the community. My buddy, Mike forwarded a fun poster request. It was a good opportunity to do some design and illustration work for the Montavilla Street Fair. From what I understand it's their second one in existence.

Anyway, I spent more then a few times hanging out in the Montavilla neighborhood. Lots of good places to eat. The neighborhood definitely has a cool vibe so it was a no brainer to get some work in.

In addition to the poster there were some quick ads that needed to get done, too.

Below are some of the illustrations that I landed on. They eventually made it into the ads and posters. Everybody loves happy, fun-loving kids and the kooky, touristy couple. Right?


I had to knock it out quick. Mia Neuse and Bernadette Spear helped guide me in this whirlwind of a project. Thanks guys!


I'm also curious on how they'll handle the artwork after I gave it to them. Cross my fingers. I guess I'll find out when I go to the fair. Maybe I'll see you, eh?

MONTAVILLA STREET FAIR
July 22, 2012
10:00am – 4:00pm

Post a Comment